Thursday, April 07, 2005

Wake up!

I would imagine that the first entry is always the hardest. Wanting to be profound and also wondering if you've guessed right as you fumble your way thru the setup. I face my insecurities and I begin.

My first question is..."Why in the hell would anybody care?" Yet I still feel compelled to share and strangely excited about the process. The unfortunate thing is that personal revelation can never be translated. It's impossible for me to transfer the light going on for me! I found that in a book! I would like to say that was my revelation. It wasn't. But none the less, a huge revelation exploded in my head so much so that 2 years later I am still "quaking" from the revelation that it produced.

I realized that I had spent the first 40 years of my life trying to translate my revelation to other people. That if I could just convince you of what I had seen, you would somehow get the revelation and the world would function a little bit better and more like the Kingdom! Fooled again.

The book I am referring is by Anthony de Mello called "Awareness". Anthony freed me when he said, "People are born asleep, they live asleep and they die asleep. It is much easier to stay in bed than it is to wake up. Jesus was the most awake person and lived in the moment like no one else. I am! The Great I Am!" Altered I was.

He went on to "piss me off" by saying that if I wanted to change the world, that I should dance my dance the best I could and that would change the world. And here I had spent all this time trying to educated, explain, encourage and admonish people....all of which was good, but the better thing was to dance my dance!!!!

So the revelations that begin to unfold from those few statements are what I want to share. Hopefully, I will educated,explain, encourage and admonish people to Wake Up as I share my life with those who want to hear.(Still can't figure out why!) Sad isn't it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Irmgarde said...

Reminds me of something I just read from a devotional of mine (can't remember the title, maybe later) that no one can really teach us to pray... it's a personal experience inside. Only you can teach yourself to pray because all that you need to pray is there, inside.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home